Wednesday, August 8, 2012

REVIEW: Shiseido Water in Lip

I purchased the Shiseido Water in Lip lip balm on a whim after reading good reviews about it online, and after having some good experiences with other Shiseido products.  There are actually several flavors available, but I went with menthol (the mint green tube), since I like my lip balms to have a minty flavor.

Purchased from: BonjourHK (Hong Kong site; lip balm doesn't currently appear to be available)



Pros:
* Nice packaging
* Hydrates lips
* Doesn't cause my lips to flake (!!!)
* Has a nice light menthol feeling

Cons:
* Harder to find outside of Asia
* On the pricier side (don't remember how much I purchased mine for, but I see it going for about $7 - $10 USD, which is not trivial for a regular tube of balm)
* Doesn't hydrate lips long - my lips start feeling a little dry again after about an hour

I would say that this is a decent lip balm - my main complaint (and it's an important one) is that the moisturizing effects do not last long.  Even then, I would still recommend it for people to try out.  It is great if you don't mind applying the lip balm quite often, and don't mind the higher cost.  I personally would still be interested in trying the lip balm in other flavors, just to see if there is any noticeable difference in performance.    Will probably wait until there is a good deal for it, though.  I am particularly impressed that it doesn't cause my lips to flake, as that is a common problem for me for all lip products (including lipsticks and liners).

No comments:

Post a Comment